RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
New Registration process:
- Login if you have an account.
- Click “Join” at the top left of this Event Page.
- Fill out the required information (as normal). The only difference on the registration page now is that you need to enter '1' for the ticket you wish to purchase.
- When you are done, click "Submit) at the bottom of the page.
- You should be automatically redirected to the payment page where you can pay using your Paypal account or Credit Card.
Join us Saturday, Oct 13th for the 11th Annual Cajun Castaway Kayak Fishing Tournament sponsored by Pack & Paddle, Buggs Fishing, Ginger Avenger Lures, FinnCollector. Tournament entry fee is $30 (+ 1.25 via PayPal) and participation is open to the public. Anglers may launch from any publicly accessible grounds in Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes. Weigh-in will be at Calcasieu Point Landing. The event includes a SLAM category (Redfish, Trout, and Flounder) plus a big Flounder category included in the entry. The Big Flounder can be used in your stringer. There will also be a Leopard Red Category.
- SLAM (included in entry): Heaviest SLAM shall consist of 1 maximum of each: Slot Redfish, Trout, and Flounder. Cash Payouts from tournament pot to be paid to SLAM winners. Series points apply to the SLAM category only.
- LEOPARD REDFISH (included in entry): The angler who catches the slot redfish (16" min and under 27") with the most spots counting both sides wins a gift card donated by pack and paddle! This year you CAN use this Leopard Redfish in your Slam stringer but you ARE NOT required to!!
LKFC CAJUN KAYAK ANGLER SERIES
The Cajun Castaway is the 5th of 6 events as part of the Cajun Kayak Angler Series. Earn and accrue points for weighing fish & win big prizes or cash. The Angler of the Year wins a $2500 prize pack donated by Pack and Paddle and other sponsors.
It is every angler’s responsibility to understand and abide by all rules listed here. Additionally, all "Series Rules" apply and must be read here
1. ENTRY: $30 (+ $1.25 via PayPal) - Entry fee breakdown: $18 goes to Tournament Pot, and $6 to Series Pot &club fund, $4 to Big Flounder category, and $2 to leopard red.
2. Big Flounder: $4 of each entry into side pot for Heaviest Flounder. Winner takes the entire side pot. NOT OPTIONAL THIS YEAR. IT IS INCLUDED IN ENTRY and the Flounder can be used as part of your 3 fish slam stringer.
3. REGISTRATION: Open to public until Noon on Friday Oct. 12th, 2018.
WAIVER: By registering for this event you agree to the LKFC waiver/release of liability waiver...READ ME
4. LEGAL LAUNCH TIME: See Below - "LEGAL FISHIGN TIME"
6. SAFETY: It is every anglers responsibility to navigate their vessel in a safe manner and abide by all LDWF rules and regulations. A Coast Guard approved PFD shall be worn at all times while navigating your vessel. YOU are responsible for displaying lights for your safety...BE SEEN!
7. ACCEPTABLE CRAFT: Human powered kayaks and canoes only. No trolling motors or mother-shipping allowed
8. ACCEPTABLE TACKLE: Artificial Tackle Only (Scents, Sprays, and gulp ARE allowed)
9. LEGAL FISHING TIME: 6:30 a.m. - weigh-in. You may launch before, but no lines in the water until 6:30 a.m.
10. SIGN-IN: Anglers must sign-in no later than 2:59:59 p.m. at Calcasieu Point Landing.
11. WEIGH-IN: Calcasieu Point Landing in Lake Charles, LA, starting at 3:00 p.m. No culling at the weigh table. Have your fish ready to weigh when called upon. You MUST keep your fish completely inside of an ice chest with ice while waiting for your fish to be weighed in order to preserve the quality of the fish. Failure to keep fish in ice chest, manipulation of fish, or "air drying" tails will result in angler being disqualified from the event.
*Weighing illegal fish (in accordance with Louisiana Wild Life and Fisheries Laws) will result in DQ.
WARNING: NEW ORDINANCE AT CALCASIEU POINT LANDING - NO TOBACCO PRODUCTS ALLOWED (CIGARETTES, CIGARS, CHEW, DIP, VAPOR, ETC...) - CHECK LKFC TOURNAMENT FORUM POST FOR COPY OF THE ORDINANCE AND FINES.
12. LEGAL STRINGER: Calculated by the total weight of up to 3 species. The 3 fish allowed are: Slot Redfish (16" min and UNDER 27") / Speckled Trout (12" min) / Flounder (10" min). One (1) max of each species allowed. Anglers who weigh-in all 3 will trump any angler weighing less than 3 fish. If you weigh less than the 3 required fish they will be counted towards the standings and series points (LKFC Members only).
You must weigh fish to receive points. In the example below, Angler #1 will be placed above angler #2:
1) SPECKLED TROUT (or Flounder): 5#
*** 3 Fish Slam > 2 Fish > 1 Fish (regardless of weight)
13. PAYOUTS: Cash breakdown for Slam category only
Top 3 w/ < 40 anglers (the following percentages: 50 / 30 / 20)
Top 5 w/ 40+ anglers (the following percentages: 40 / 27.5 / 17.5 / 10 / 5)
Top 10 w/ >125 anglers (the following percentages: 30 / 23 / 16 / 10 / 6 / 4 / 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 / 2)
14. LEOPARD REDFISH: Total spots on an entered Slot Redfish. Redfish must be 16” min and Under 27". Anglers may enter 1 redfish which MAY be used in the SLAM Stringer category this year. Weigh-master will count spots on both sides. The angler with the most spots wins the Kayak.
15. DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS: Anglers must be present at the weigh-in to win a Door Prize. If an angler places in the money for the tournament, then he/she is not eligible for door prizes. Prizes include:Yak Tribe prize packs, Buggs Fishing Lure packages, Ginger Avenger Spinner Baits, Fin Collector Lures, Overcast Lures, Egret Lure Packs, Stinky Pants Fishing Stringers, Action Hats and 2 Duce Rods!