Fill out the required information (as normal). The only difference on the registration page now is that you need to enter '1' for the ticket you wish to purchase.
When you are done, click "Submit) at the bottom of the page.
You should be automatically redirected to the payment page where you can pay using your Paypal account or Credit Card.
Join us Saturday, March 24th for the Marsh Madness Top Bag (MMTB) tournament at Coco Marina in Cocodrie, LA sponsored by Pack & Paddle, Duce Rods, Buggs Fishing, Ginger Avengers, The Fin Collectors, and many more. The MMTB is a Tackle-Exchange Tournament in which participants must fish with an angler’s bag of lures to be randomly drawn the morning of the tournament. Tournament entry fee is $30 or $35 for optional calcutta (+ 1.25 via PayPal) and participation is open to the public. $5 of each entry goes to the Top Bag (TB) Pot and if the tournament winner uses your bag you win the TB Pot. This will be a mandatory shotgun launch from Coco Marina (no picking up and relaunching).
REDFISH STRINGER - Heaviest stringer shall consist of a maximum of 2 Slot Redfish (16” min & under 27”).
OPTIONAL CALCUTTA ($5): Heaviest Speckled Trout wins the pot.
LEOPARD REDFISH (included in entry fee) - Slot Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins a Pack & Paddle Gift Card (prize value based on the number of tournament entries). Leopard Red can be used in stringer. See Rules below.
TOP BAG SIDE POT (included in entry fee) – See Rules below.
TOP BAG TACKLE RULES
Anglers must attend the TB tackle exchange at 5:30 AM Saturday at CocoMarina. Submit a Ziploc bag with your name printed clearly and include the lures listed below (#1 and #2). It is possible to pull your own bag so give this consideration when building your TB.
Top Bag Contents:
1. Eight (8) - plastic baits for your jig heads (mixing of colors and styles encouraged - paddle tail, curly tail, etc). Plastics must be new (Gulp is allowed but please double bag to keep separate from other baits).
2. One (1) - "wildcard" lure of your choice- e.g., top water plug, rat-l-trap, spinner bait, spoon, etc. Do not include plastics for jig heads as a wildcard. DO NOT USE old or worn baits in your Top Bag submission. You WILL be asked to provide replacements in the event any discrepancy is found. ALSO MAY BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION!!
So what else may I have with me? In addition to the TB pulled you may have the following: One (1) "Wildcard" lure of your choice, Eight (8) jig heads/hooks, and One (1) Cork plus leader material, nothing else. This means you will end up with 2 wildcard lures - the one from the TB and the one that you supply. All acceptable lures may be combined with each other but altering such as adding colors, dyes, scents, and sprays is not allowed.
LKFC CAJUN KAYAK ANGLER SERIES
Marsh Madness Top Bag is the 1st of 6 events as part of the Cajun Kayak Angler Series. Earn and accrue points for weighing fish & win big prizes or cash. The Angler of the Year wins a $2500 Prize Pack TBD, compliments of Pack & Paddle and other sponsors.
It is every angler’s responsibility to understand and abide by all rules listed here. Additionally, all "Series Rules" apply and must be read here.
1. Entry: $30 (+ $1.25 via PayPal) - Entry fee breakdown: $17 to Tournament Pot, $2 to Leopard Redfish, $5 to Top Bag Pot, and $6 to AOY Series Pot/Club Fund.
2. Optional Calcutta: $5 entry into side pot for Heaviest Speckled Trout. Winner takes the entire side pot.
3. Registration: Open to public until Noon on Friday, March 22nd. Register Here
4. Parking: Parking is $5 per vehicle (Please pay CocoMarina parking fee upon arrival)
5. Mandatory Bag Exchange: 5:30 AM at CocoMarina (Please arrive a few minutes before to hand-in your bag)
6. Shotgun Blast-off: 6:15 AM from CocoMarina. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to adjust blast-off/departure time due to weather conditions.
7. Boundaries: As far as you can paddle from CocoMarina (use common sense).
8. Legal Fishing Time: 6:15 a.m. until weigh-in
9. Safety: It is every anglers responsibility to navigate their vessel in a safe manner and abide by all LDWF rules and regulations. A Coast Guard approved PFD shall be worn at all times while navigating your vessel.
10. Weigh-In: Starts at 3:00:00 pm sharp (must be signed in by 2:59:59)
11. Legal Stringer: Maximum of 2 Slot Redfish (16" min & under 27”)
12. Points: Series Points System applies to Heavy Stringer Category Only.
13. Payouts: Cash, Top 5 w/ 40+ anglers (the following percentages: 40 / 27.5 / 17.5 / 10 / 5), Top 3 w/ < 40 anglers (the following percentages: 50 / 30 / 20)
14. Top Bag Pot: The 1st place winner's bag owner wins the pot.
15. Leopard Redfish: The Slot Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins.
- Must be a Slot Redfish and you CAN use this redfish in your Heavy Stringer (but you are not required to).
- The number of prizes given will be dependent on the number of entrants: 40 entrants or less - 1st place only ($75), 41-74 - Top 2 ($75 and $35), and 75+ - Top 3 ($100,$75,$35).
- If any angler places in both the Heavy Stringer Category and the Leopard Redfish Category, the angler has the choice of either taking the cash prize for the Heavy Stringer Category or the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish Category (angler cannot win in both categories). However, if the angler opts for the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish prize, the angler will still receive their Series Points for their place in the Heavy String Category (if they are an "Active" LKFC Member). The options will be presented to the angler after the final results are tallied and before awards presented. Based on the decision, the cash payouts or gift cards will be adjusted accordingly to the next angler who placed in the category. Therefore, make sure to register your leopard redfish with the weigh-master even if a redfish with more spots has already been "weighed-in".
16. Door Prize Drawings: Anglers must be present at the weigh-in to win a Door Prize. If an angler places in the money for the tournament, then he/she is not eligible for door prizes. Prizes include: Yak Tribe prize packs, Buggs Fishing Lure packages, Ginger Avenger Spinner Baits, Fin Collector Lures, Overcast Lures, Egret Lure Packs, Stinky Pants Fishing Stringers, Action Hats and 2 Duce Rods!
To Book A Room, Call the Marina for Reservations(may take a day or 2 for them to return your call because it is their off-season). They have several rooms that sleep 4 or 6 people ranging from $150-$175 a night (discounted rates). They Even have rooms that accommodate up to 16 people. Mention that you will be with the Lafayette Kayak Fishing Club for that night/weekend.