Updated info Coming Soon. Everything below is incorrect!
- Login if you have an account.
- Click “Join” at the top left of this Event Page.
- Fill out the required information (as normal). The only difference on the registration page now is that you need to enter '1' for the ticket you wish to purchase.
- When you are done, click "Submit) at the bottom of the page.
- You should be automatically redirected to the payment page where you can pay using your Paypal account or Credit Card.
Join us Saturday, October 8th for the 3rd Annual Fish the Bayou Tournament sponsored by Pack and Paddle, Duce Rods, K2 Coolers, Bugg's Lures, Iberia Rod and Gun Club, Academy, & H&H Lures. This is a “Go Anywhere” LA Statewide fishing tournament with weigh-in at the Bayou Civic Club in Larose, LA.
- Fish-Anywhere in Louisiana
- $25 Entry (Plus an Optional $5 Flounder Calcutta)
- Cash Payouts for Heavy Stringer: Max of 3 Redfish & 2 Speckled Trout
- Pack & Paddle Gift Card(s) for Leopard Redfish Category
- Lots of Door Prizes
- LEGAL STRINGER: Heaviest cumulative weight of no more than 3 Redfish (16" to 27") and 2 Speckled Trout (12" min).
- LEOPARD REDFISH (included in Entry fee): Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins a Pack & Paddle gift card (see additional rules below).
- OPTIONAL CALCUTTA ($5): Heaviest Flounder wins the pot.
LKFC CAJUN KAYAK ANGLER SERIES
Fish the Bayou is the 5th of 6 events as part of the Cajun Kayak Angler Series. Earn and accrue points for weighing fish & win big prizes or cash. The Angler of the Year wins a Hobie Outback, compliments of Pack & Paddle and Hobie. Learn More...
It is every angler’s responsibility to understand and abide by all rules listed here. Additionally, all "Series Rules" apply and must be read here
- ENTRY: $25 (+ $1.25 via PayPal) - Entry fee breakdown: $17 goes to Tournament Pot, $2 to Leopard Redfish, and $6 to Club / Series Pot.
- OPTIONAL CALCUTTA: $5 entry into side pot for Heaviest Flounder. Winner takes the entire side pot.
- REGISTRATION: Open to the public until Thursday, October 6th, 12:00 p.m. (noon).
- WAIVER: By registering for this event you agree to the LKFC waiver/release of liability waiver...READ ME
- LAUNCH BOUNDARIES: Anglers may launch from any publicly accessible grounds in the state of Louisiana (however, fishing Lafourche Parish / Hwy 1 area is encouraged). Here is a link to a forum post about public / private waters (http://lafayettekayakfishing.com/index.php/forum/tournament-talk/13759-louisiana-interactive-map-private-a-public-waters)
- SAFETY: It is every anglers responsibility to navigate their vessel in a safe manner and abide by all LDWF rules and regulations. A Coast Guard approved PFD shall be worn at all times while navigating your vessel. YOU are responsible for displaying lights for your safety...BE SEEN!
- ACCEPTABLE CRAFT: Human powered kayaks and canoes only. No trolling motors or mother-shipping allowed.
- ACCEPTABLE TACKLE: Artificial Tackle Only (scents, sprays, & Gulp are acceptable).
- LEGAL FISHING TIME: 12:01 a.m. - 3 p.m. No lines in the water until 12:01 a.m.
- SIGN-IN: Anglers must sign-in by 3 p.m.at the Larose Civic Center, 307 East 5th Street, Larose, LA 70373. Arriving after 3:00= DQ. No exceptions. In the event of a tie, the angler who signs in first will be considered the winner.
- WEIGH-IN: Begins at 3:00 PM SHARP. No culling at the weigh table. Have your fish ready to weigh when called upon. You must weigh fish to receive series points. You MUST keep your fish completely inside of an ice chest with ice while waiting for your fish to be weighed in order to preserve the quality of the fish. Failure to keep fish in ice chest, manipulation of fish, or "air drying" tails will result in angler being disqualified from the event. **Weighing illegal fish (in accordance with Louisiana Wild Life and Fisheries Laws) will result in DQ.
- HEAVY STRINGER CATEGORY: Calculated by the total weight of three (3) Slot Redfish (16” to 27") and two (2) Speckled Trout (12" min). It is ok if you don't bring in all 5; furthermore, it is ok to only weigh 1 fish.
- PAYOUT: Cash (Heavy String Category)
- Top 3 w/ < 40 anglers (the following percentages: 50 / 30 / 20)
- Top 5 w/ 40+ anglers (the following percentages: 40 / 27.5 / 17.5 / 10 / 5)
- Top 10 w/ >125 anglers (the following percentages: 30 / 23 / 16 / 10 / 6 / 4 / 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 / 2)
- LKFC SERIES POINTS (AOY): LKFC Members with "Active" membership status will receive Series points for weighing fish. Points are awarded for Heavy String Category only. You must weigh fish to receive points.
- LEOPARD REDFISH CATEGORY: The slot Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins a Pack & Paddle Gift Card.
- Must be a Slot Redfish and you CAN use this redfish in your Heavy Stringer (but you are not required to).
- The number of prizes given will be dependent on the number of entrants: 50 entrants or less - 1st place only, 51-100 - Top 2 (70/30), and over 100 - Top 3 (50/30/20).
- If an angler places in both the Heavy Stringer Category and the Leopard Redfish Category, the angler has the choice of either taking the cash prize for the Heavy Stringer Category or the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish Category (angler cannot win in both categories). However, if the angler opts for the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish prize, the angler will still receive their Series Points for their place in the Heavy String Category (if they are an "Active" LKFC Member). The options will be presented to the angler after the final results are tallied and before awards presented. Based on the decision, the cash payouts or gift cards will be adjusted accordingly to the next angler who placed in the category. Therefore, make sure to register your leopard redfish with the weigh-master even if a redfish with more spots has already been "weighed-in".
- DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS: Anglers must be present at the weigh-in to win a Door Prize. If an angler places in the money for the tournament or wins any prizes, then he/she is not eligible for door prizes. Prizes include: TBC ...Buggs Fishing Lure package, Academy Gift Cards, H&H Bait bags, Folding Filet knife, and 2 Duce Rods!