Speck and Redfish Cup
09/09/17 5:30 am
09/09/17 5:00 pm
ALL INFO BELOW IS INCORRECT AND NEEDS UPDATING!
New Registration process:
- Login if you have an account.
- Click “Join” at the top left of this Event Page.
- Fill out the required information (as normal). The only difference on the registration page now is that you need to enter '1' for the ticket you wish to purchase.
- When you are done, click "Submit) at the bottom of the page.
- You should be automatically redirected to the payment page where you can pay using your Paypal account or Credit Card.
Join us Saturday, May 28th for the Annual Speck and Redfish Cup which is a “Go-Anywhere” LA-Statewide Kayak Fishing Tournament sponsored by Pack & Paddle, Duce Rods, Academy, Buggs Fishing, H&H lures, Abita Beer, Fish the Bayou, and K2 coolers. Tournament entry fee is $25 or $30 (+ 1.25 via PayPal) and participation is open to the public. Anglers may launch from any publicly accessible grounds in the State of Louisiana and attempt to haul in their heaviest combination stringer of Redfish and Speckled Trout. Angler will be allowed to weigh up to 2 of each- Slot Redfish and Speckled Trout. We will be taking the overall weight of up to 4 fish. It is ok if you don't bring in all 4; furthermore, it is ok to only weigh 1 fish. The weigh-in and post-tourney gathering will take place at Pack and Paddle in Lafayette. There will be free beer and food at the weigh-in!
- SPECK & REDFISH STRINGER - Heaviest stringer shall consist of a maximum of 2 Speckled Trout (12” min) & 2 Slot Redfish (min 16” and must be UNDER 27”).
- OPTIONAL CALCUTTA ($5): Heaviest Flounder wins the pot.
- LEOPARD REDFISH (included in entry fee) - Slot Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins a Pack & Paddle Gift Card (prize value based on the number of tournament entries). See Rules below.
LKFC CAJUN KAYAK ANGLER SERIES
The Speck and Redfish Cup is the 2nd of 6 events as part of the Cajun Kayak Angler Series. Earn and accrue points for weighing fish & win big prizes or cash. The Angler of the Year wins a Hobie Outback, compliments of Pack & Paddle and Hobie. Learn More...
It is every angler’s responsibility to understand and abide by all rules listed here. Additionally, all "Series Rules" apply and must be read here
- ENTRY: $25 (+ $1.25 via PayPal) - Entry fee breakdown: $17 to Tournament Pot, $2 to Leopard Redfish, and $6 to AOY Series Pot/Club Fund.
- OPTIONAL CALCUTTA: $5 entry into side pot for Heaviest Flounder. Winner takes the entire side pot. If you wish to participate in the Optional Calcutta, you must sign-up for the Calcutta at the same time you sign-up for your single tournament entry.
- REGISTRATION: Open to public until 2:00 PM on Thursday, May 26th. Register Here.
- WAIVER: By registering for this event you agree to the LKFC waiver/release of liability waiver...READ ME
- LEGAL FISHING TIME: 5:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. You may launch earlier, but no lines in the water until 5:30 a.m.
- SAFETY: It is every anglers responsibility to navigate their vessel in a safe manner and abide by all LDWF rules and regulations. A Coast Guard approved PFD shall be worn at all times while navigating your vessel. YOU are responsible for displaying lights for your safety...BE SEEN!
- LAUNCH BOUNDARIES: LA Gulf Coast, Public Access Only
- ACCEPTED TACKLE: Artificial Lures Only (Gulp/scents/sprays/dyes are all acceptable)
- SIGN-IN: Anglers must sign-in by 5 p.m.at Pack & Paddle, 601 E. Pinhook Rd Lafayette, LA 70501. Arriving after 5 p.m. = DQ. No exceptions.WEIGH-IN: Begins at 5 PM. Signed-In anglers will be called to the scale. No culling at the weigh table. Have your fish ready to weigh when called upon.
- LEGAL STRINGER: Heaviest Stringer is calculated by the total weight of up to 4 fish and may include: a Maximum of 2 Slot Redfish (min. 16” and must be UNDER 27”) and 2 Speckled Trout (12" min). Weighing illegal fish (in accordance with Louisiana Wild Life & Fisheries Laws) will result in automatic DQ.
- POINTS: Series Points System applies to Heavy Stringer
- PAYOUTS: Cash:
- Top 3 w/ < 35 anglers (the following percentages: 50 / 30 / 20)
- Top 5 w/ 35+ anglers (the following percentages: 40 / 27.5 / 17.5 / 10 / 5)
- Top 10 w/ >100 anglers (the following percentages: 33 / 25 / 17 / 8.5 / 4 / 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 / 2 / 1.5)
- LEOPARD REDFISH: The Slot Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins.
- Must be a Slot Redfish and you CAN use this redfish in your Heavy Stringer (but you are not required to).
- The number of prizes given will be dependent on the number of entrants: 50 entrants or less - 1st place only, 51-100 - Top 2 (70/30), and over 100 - Top 3 (50/30/20).
- If any angler places in both the Heavy Stringer Category and the Leopard Redfish Category, the angler has the choice of either taking the cash prize for the Heavy Stringer Category or the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish Category (angler cannot win in both categories). However, if the angler opts for the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish prize, the angler will still receive their Series Points for their place in the Heavy String Category (if they are an "Active" LKFC Member). The options will be presented to the angler after the final results are tallied and before awards presented. Based on the decision, the cash payouts or gift cards will be adjusted accordingly to the next angler who placed in the category. Therefore, make sure to register your leopard redfish with the weigh-master even if a redfish with more spots has already been "weighed-in".
- DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS: Anglers must be present at the weigh-in to win a Door Prize. If an angler places in the money for the tournament, then he/she is not eligible for door prizes. Prizes include: TBC...Buggs Fishing Lure packages, Academy Gift Cards, Folding Fillet Knife, H&H Baits, and 2 Duce Rods!